Our candles are all individually hand made by Gill using wax produced by our own bees. They are 100% pure beeswax. The only part we add is the wick! Pure beeswax candles are slow burning and give off a wonderful aroma. They have a golden flame, the longest, cleanest burn of any candle.
Queen Bee on Honeycomb
Bees and Skep on Honeycomb
The Raw Material – from our hives
Did you know ?
- The best beeswax to use for candles are the cappings from the honey comb. It is the cleanest, purest wax and produces beautiful golden yellow candles. Wax from other parts of a hive or older wax can appear much darker.
- Beeswax candles burn brighter, longer, and cleaner than any other candle! The flame emits light in the same spectrum as sunlight and in the process of burning emits, negative ions that are known to clean the air. No other candles do this.
- They are completely natural, non-allergenic renewable energy source. They are carbon neutral, environmentally friendly and sustainable
- They have a beautiful, delicate, delicious honey aroma. There is no nasty black smoke from a beeswax candle and they don’t drip!
- Different wicks, (size and quality), produce different results in each candle. The differences when you burn a candle are melt pool size, flame height, and burn rate (the amount of time it takes a particular wick to consume all the wax in the candle). A candle wick must be matched to the size of the candle if the candle is to burn properly and for longer.
- Most commercially produced candles are Paraffin candles. They are made from petroleum sludge left over from oil production. This sludge is treated, bleached, and processed into a solid. When paraffin candles are burned, chemical pollutants are released into the air. Some scented and coloured candles can add further pollutants. Paraffin candles produce smoke and soot.
- Candles only have to contain 51% beeswax to be called beeswax candles. The remainder could be Paraffin.